Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Graphic 45 - Camera Mini Album

Hello!

Dropping in today to share a new project created for Graphic 45 using their newly released Kaleidoscope Collection. This collection is full of bright colours and images. It is a little out of my comfort zone but it is a beautiful collection and I wanted to create something with it.

For my project I was inspired by one of the sediments that is printed throughout the collection, 'Colour Your World' and also some of the paper bordering reminded me of a filmstrip edge, soo that is where my idea come from I decided to create a camera with a pull out mini album.

'Colour Your World'
Camera Mini Album


The camera was created using a template I found on google by Gary Hegedus. This is the link to his tutorial for creation of the camera base - Gary Hegedus Cardboard Camera. While making the camera I then went about altering the backing and a few other pieces to suit my project.


The camera base was created using cardboard. once the camera base was constructed I then went about covering it with some of the papers from the Kaleidoscope collection. I love the little pops of colour,




As you can see the back of the camera folds open. I have used a brass buckle and latch to hold the backing closed.


Once the backing is open there is a mini album hidden inside.


I have made the mini album to resemble a film strip that pulls out. It has space for about 9 photos and straps to slide in tags for additional photos or journaling. The back camera flap also has a pocket for additional storage.


Just love how the colours pop against the darker colours.



Graphic 45
Materials List
Kaleidoscope Collection
4501856 12x12 Paper Pack
4501857 12x12 Patterns & Solids Paper Pad
4501855 8x8 Paper Pad
4501861 Journaling & Ephemera Cards

Joanne
xx

6 comments:

Mary Lou Kemp said...

This has got to be the coolest album I have ever seen made. Thank you so much for sharing it.

photocrafter said...

WOW! you did an amazing job at opening the back side with a cute closure. It is simply amazing with the fold out.


Marion said...

Never seen such a wonderful and creative idea! Good job!

RMurrell57 said...

Crazycool, imaginative, creative & fun.

RMurrell57 said...

Crazycool,imaginative,creative & fun.

RMurrell57 said...

Crazycool,imaginative,creative & fun.