Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Dusty Attic - Mini Dream Catcher

Hello!!

Quick post today playing catch up to share a little dreamcatcher I created for Dusty Attics August moodboard. I loved everything about this mood board but I was particularly drawn to the gorgeous dreamcatchers on it, so I decided to create my own.

'Wild & Free'


This little dreamcatcher was super easy to create. The base was the Dusty Dream Catcher #1, I cut out the chipboard threading and replaced with my own out of natural thin jute twine.


I like the soft texture the natural jute twine created. For some extra embellishing I added the 2 smaller Laurel Sprigs from the Dusty Laurel Sprigs chippy sheet. They fitted perfectly because they were already that slightly rounded shape, I then added the smaller deer head and antlers to the top. To add even more embellishing I then added a few gorgeous Prima flowers to add a splash of soft pastel colour.


For the title of the dream catcher I used some of the new Dusty Mini Tabs and Decorative Dots. I left these the natural colour of the chipboard. For added interest I then layered the 2 Heart Buttons from the My Heart Smiles With You title set.


To the bottom piece of the dream catcher I added a few extra Dusty chippy pieces as well. I added a small cog, 2 small feathers to the feathers that were already there and 2 small leafy pieces from the Boho Skull chippy sheet. To add softness I then added some contrasting cotton threads and wool pieces.


Dusty Attic
Materials List
DA0745 Dream Catcher #1
DA1469 Laurel Sprigs
DA1728 Deer Heads
DA1816 Decorative Dots
DA1802 Mini Tabs #5
DA1799 My Heart Smiles With You
DA1733 Boho Skull
DA0650 Mini Feathers
DA0689 Mini Cogs

Other
961541 Finnabair Texture Paste - Clear Crackle
961442 Finnabair Heavy Gesso - White
Prima Flowers
Cotton Thread
Wool

Joanne
xx

No comments: