Saturday, November 11, 2017

Dusty Attic - Altered Birdcage

Dropping in today sharing a altered birdcage that I was asked to create as a gift for a friend. I was super nervous creating this for someone else to give as a gift but luckily for me they loved it and I was so so happy about that.

'Dream'


So to create the roof of the birdcage I wet and folded the large Wrought Iron chipboard piece from the Dusty Wrought Iron set. Once the chipboard is wet the chipboard is very easy to shape.


For added interest to the roof I then used the large trim piece from the Dusty Wrought Iron Trim set. This was cut into 3 pieces, then wet and folded to the desired shape.


To create the texture on the cage Finnabair Rust Paste was used and then to allow a little sparkle A wash of Finnabair Acrylic Paint Metallique Brass Hardware.


To the front of the cage I then added a Prima vine which was painted with black gesso, then given a brushing with Finnabair waxes, Royal Robes and Vintage Gold. Royal Robes reflects purple which was the gift receivers favourite colour, its simply beautiful!

I then added another of her favorite things...butterflies! The Dusty Flutterbies were perfect for this.


To finish off I then added chains and one of the new Dusty Word Tags...so love these!

Dusty Attic
Materials List
DA0574Y Wrought Iron Design Set
DA0547 Wrought Iron Trim Set
DA0766 Flutterbies #3
DA1818 Word Tags #2 Black
DA1747 Mystic Flourish 

Other
963576 Finnabair Rust Paste
963958 Finnabair Metallique Wax - Vintage Gold
964252 Finnabair Opal Magic Wax - Royal Robes
963095 Finnabair Acrylic Paint - Brass Hardware
961459 Heavy Gesso - Black

Joanne
xx

No comments: