Friday, July 29, 2016

Graphic 45 - Up-cycled Chocolate Box

Hello!

Dropping in today to share my up-cycled box. This month the Graphic 45 designers were challenged to up-cycled something to give it a new life. For my upcycled project I chose to alter a box that would normally make its way to the bin. I cut the centre out of the box and replaced with clear acetate.

So this was my before box.....


Pretty boring huh!

And this is the after.....

'Up-cycled Chocolate Box'


I attached the bottom of the box to the acetate to make a solid bottom and then covered the top to create a lid that can be pulled off to get into the yummy lollies inside and best of all it can be reused.


I also chose to go a little further and up-cycled (not that it really needed to be up-cycled) a Prima vine so that it coordinated perfectly with my box. I made my own coordinating flowers and fussy cut a bucket load of butterflies to set it off.


To make my dragonflies sit up so perfectly I glued them onto acetate and cut them out.


Graphic 45
Materials List 
#4501291 DIY Craft Paper Curiosity Collage & Butterflies
#4500977 Raining Cats & Dogs Cardstock Die-cut Flowers
#4500422 Metal Brad Staples
#4501166 Bontanicabella Deluxe Collection Edition

Other - Prima vine, lace, acetate.

Joanne
xx

3 comments:

Студия ручной работы "Эклю" said...

It's very beautiful!!!!!!

Alexandra♥ said...

Stunning work Joanne

Unknown said...

Как круто! Очень -очень красиво!