Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Prima - Love Pink

Howdy Peeps!!

Dropped in today to share my latest Prima project. I was asked to work with the new Prima Water Soluble Oil Pastels. What more can I say but amazing!

It is true I do love pink and I thought I would have a go at seeing just how many different shades of pink I could make using just the Magenta Oil Pastel with water. I also wanted to see how many different ways I could apply it.

'Love Pink'


As you can see I managed to create a few different shades of pink and was able to apply them using a multiple of techniques.

Technique 1 - Mist - using oil pastel shavings and adding to water in a mist bottle. I have used this in my background.

Technique 2 - Rubbing - I was able to highlight the stencilled poppies by rubbing the colour over them with my finger.

Technique 3 - Stamping - Applying the oil pastel directly to the stamp and lightly misting with water.

Technique 4 - Watercolour Paint - I used this to colour the flowers.

Then while drying these flowers with my heat gun the flowers themselves created that most amazing effect all by themselves, it is like the outline on the flowers puffed up like puffy paint.



How amazing do those flowers look? You learn something new everyday and I really like the effect, whatever it maybe called that the heat created.


So as you can see these little beauties are fun to use and extremely versatile.

Prima Materials Used

961398 - Art Basics 3D Matte Gel
961527 - Art Basics Texture Paste
961442 - Art Basic Heavy Gesso - White
961800 - Art Ingredients Art Sugar - White
580018 - 6x6 Stencil Poppies
580223 - Cling Stamps - Paint Runs
814328 - IOD Watercolour Oil Pastels
560386 - Say It In Crystals
577865 - Vellum Flowers
572877 Stationers Desk Wood Embellishments

Joanne
xx

No comments: