Monday, April 13, 2015

Happy Days

Hello Peeps

Just sharing another page using some gorgeous Dusty Attic chipboard. This month the Dusty Attic team were guest designers over at CSI. I played along with the first case for April. Case File #160, at first I was a little daunted by how to go about this challenge but once I sat down and put the evidence in front of me, I had a bit of fun with it.

'Happy Days'


The colours aren't what I am used to creating with, but I do like the finished page.
So the SCENE I had to use all 5 colours provided and I could use an extra accent colour which was the natural brown of the tag and twine.
EVIDENCE - frames, metal, flowers, resin accents & decorative border.
TESTIMONY - Journalled on the back on my page was about a trip.
It says - On this particular day we decided to take a day trip to Maroochydore the visit Aunty Peta and the boys while they were on holidays. Even though it was quiet a cool day you were absolutely fascinated by the green seeds that were floating on the river. No matter how many times you were told to stay out of the water the seeds always won.


To create the background I have used the gorgeous Scroll Border #1, I love the flowing feel it gives to the page. I then added 2 Swirly Vines to the top for added dimension.

I added some cotton gauze behind the chipboard to add extra texture and softness to the page. I added texture paste and paint to all chipboard. I mixed together some of the Dusty Colours to create a colour that was as close as possible to the CSI swatch. Once they were mixed I added quiet a bit of water to the mix so it was more of a light wash of colour rather then having a bold bright colour.


I added lots of tiny shells to make the page feel a little beachy, they fitted perfectly in the gaps between the chipboard pieces. I added a zipper for the metal piece and a Prima resin corner piece.


Under the photo I have used a ATC Frame #3, I have cut this in half to make it bigger and then I have added the small string frame from the String Frame set.

Materials Used
Available from Dusty Attic



Other
Prima Zipper & Resin Corner
Prima flowers
Petaloo Butterflies
Cotton Gauze
Twine

Joanne
xx

1 comment:

Lizzyc said...

This is stunning!! love it!