Thursday, September 25, 2014

September Sketch - You Are Beautiful...

I have a page to share today that I created to play along with the Dusty Attic September Sketch. After playing with chipboard for my last page I found I had quiet a few bits and pieces, I decided to create a very feminine page using cogs. I was inspired by the clustering of embellishments on this sketch and thought the jumbo cogs would work perfectly for the circle element of the sketch.

So this is the sketch..


And this is my take on it. Very pink and very girly!!

"You Are Beautiful"


I have chosen to minimalise the sketch and push it up to the top of the page.


I have used an oversized photo and made the rest of the sketch smaller, I have used a Prima vine to create my circle around the photo, added a peg in place of the journalling and have used a Kaisercraft rub on for the title of my page. As with all sketches I have chosen to add extras to make the sketch my own.

I have applied modelling paste on all chipboard to create texture and then coloured with some luminarte artists pigments and glitter.

Materials Used
Luminarte Artists Pigments - Raspberry Wine & Blushing Rose
Prima Vine & Flowers
Manorhouse Creations Flowers
Prima Bird Resin
Kaisercraft Inner Self Rub Ons
Kaisercraft Pearls
Mini Natural Pegs
Cotton Thread
Dusty Attic Chipboard Jumbo Cogs
Dusty Attic Chipboard Scroll #9
Miscellaneous Chipboard Cogs

Thanks for stopping by
Joanne
xx

5 comments:

Lizzyc said...

This is so beautiful. I love the white space and all the flowers around your photo are so pretty.. gorgeous photo too!

Patricia said...

Such a unique take on the sketch! Loving your clustering of chippies and elements! A beautiful fresh design!!!

Unknown said...

Amazing page and such a great take on the sketch! Love the colors, chippies and flowers.

Heather McMahon said...

Oh wow - this is stunning! I love the soft, flowing movement on the page.

Vicky Alberto said...

just WOW!