Friday, March 8, 2013

Altered Vintage Trinket Box

Happy Saturday everyone!!

Today I have and altered off the page project to share. This was one of those fake book type boxes that you can get to hide keys and other valuables in, in you bookcase. Well not anymore…lol. It is now what I call a Vintage Trinket Box.



I cover the box using some prima papers, I then used gesso to give the edges a white washed effect to make the box a little bit shabby. I scraped a little of the glitter away from the Manor House Creations mini roses to make them a little plainer.



 I turned the Rue – Watermelon flower inside out and removed the black stamens. This gave me a fuller flower that blended perfectly with the Winters Song blooms.




MHC Products used: Winters Song – Fire Glow & Embers, Glitter Mini Roses – red & white, Mini Dahlia – white, Rue – Watermelon & Small light green leaves.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great weekend.
Joanne

No comments: