Friday, September 21, 2012

MHC - "Flowers For The Boys"

Happy Friday!!

Over at the Manor House Creations blog this month we have been showcasing "Flowers For The Boys". Meaning using flowers on layouts for boys.

People usually tend to reserve flowers for girly layouts and cards only. But, who says that we cant use flowers on boy projects too. I have two children, one of which is a boy, but layouts using flowers are my absolute passion, and why wouldn't they be, with all the beautiful MHC flowers available. 

But there are only so many layouts I can create of my only daughter, before my son starts feeling left out, and start complaining, so I have had to combine my love of flowers, with my need to create  more masculine layouts.


Materials used - My Minds Eye "Follow Your Heart" Be Amazing collection.

MHC flowers: Winter Song – Snowbird & Mittens.



My boyish layout, features some gorgeous MHC Snowbird big flowers, that I managed to blend with the very masculine MME paper range and embellishments.

Next up is another boyish page and for this one I have used the new My Minds Eye "All Is Bright" collection. This is a christmas range but I chose to scrap something a little different.


Materials Used - My Minds Eye "All Is Bright" collection.

MHC flowers used: Winters song, Mittens.


Notice how the button added to the centre of the ‘Mittens’ flower, adds a masculine touch

Thanks for stopping by
Joanne

3 comments:

Adriana B said...

gorgeous creations here :)

Linda Eggleton said...

Wow these are stunning! Just love how you've used the MHC flowers, yet the layout is still so masculine!

Dana Tatar said...

I can't even begin to tell you how much I LOVE both of these pages! The colorful layers and page designs are fabulous. Thanks so much for the inspiration!