Monday, October 3, 2011

Cogs, Cogs & More Cogs...

Monday Greeting!!

Well the school holidays are now over and it is time to get back to some normality. While I love the school holidays and the no morning rush factor it is nice to get back into routine.

Well it's another new month and as always with the start of all new months comes the release of new DT kits at Scrapping Outback. This kit is available and in store now, you can get it HERE.

This month I had the pleasure of working with a little kit that is very very boyish with rich slighly dirty grungy colours. I know I said boyish but please don't tell my daughter...I think my theme worked perfectly for them both.

Once I saw this little kit I knew I wanted to go with a grungy industrial type feel for my page.

Here is the page I created with the kit...



From the kit I have used almost everthing and this being - ribbon, cardstock cream and blue, Stella & Rose Hattie Boy patterned paper, Stella & Rose Hattie Buddies Tag (I trimmed this down to create my title), blue corrugated cardboard, chipboard Flourish 43 & tulle.

Other products used from my stash - Grey cardstock, Spellbinders Cog dies, assorted butterflies & paint, kaisercraft blue pearls & tim holtz pendant.
And some close ups..





I decided to create lots of cogs and for this I used the Spellbinders Cog Die. I created them from the front and the back of the patterned paper and blue cardstock and then I added some grey cardstock from my stash to balance the colours. I also covered my chipboard flourish with the patterned paper and sanded the edges for the distressed look. To keep with my grungy feel I decided to make my own grungy tulle flower.

Be sure to check the FORUM for full details on how you could earn yourself some Scrapping Outback cash and also the link to the tutorial for how I made my tulle flower.

Well better be getting going. Hope you enjoy your Monday.
Thanks for stopping by
Joanne

3 comments:

Blossom inch said...

beautiful page indeed!

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

What a unique gorgeous design!! Truly amazing! :)

Sandie said...

This really is gorgeous...