Monday, August 20, 2018

Graphic 45 - Sunkissed Sailboat

Hi Everyone!!

Dropping in today to share my sweet little sailboat created with the gorgeous Graphic 45 Sunkissed collection. I love the vibrant colours of this collection and when I first flicked through the papers the idea of a sailboat popped straight into my mind. I designed this sailboat completely from scratch and I can say I am so happy with how it turned out.

'Sunkissed'


My little sailboat has three sails, one at the back and two on the front, one of which is slightly larger than the other. The boat mast was created using a paper straw and wrapping coordinating patterned paper around it.


I double layered the patterned papers on the sails for added interest. I created the mast ropes from cotton thread which have been spaced and glued to a strip of pattern paper on the inside of the boat.


To dress the front sails I fussy cut a lot of images from the patterned papers. Most of the images are very intricate to cut out but are so worth the time to do, I then went about layering until I was happy with the details and dimension.


I created a little bench seat inside the boat for the fussy cut girl to sit upon and enjoy her ride in the boat.


I added the Sunkissed title to the thicker mast rope and added some of the G45 Metal Brads for added interest and also to match the chain lacing around the boat. I pulled the inside of the brads off to allow them to be stuck down flat.


So love the turtles in this collection, I only wish I could have added more of them.


Graphic 45
Materials List
Sunkissed Collection
4501673 Under The Sea 12x12 Paper
4501670 Kids At Play 12x12 Paper
4501669 Splish Splash 12x12 Paper
4501677 Sunkissed Patterns & Solids
4501670 Sunkissed 8x8 Paper Pad
4500422 Metal Brad Staples

Joanne
xx

3 comments:

Kristina Vazquez said...

Such an adorable creation. Very fond of your talent!

Barbie Loughlin said...

I LOVE IT!
Thank you for sharing

Pat Ford said...

How adorable! It is obvious that this sail boat took lots of time and fussy cutting. It is beautiful!