Friday, July 20, 2018

Blue Fern Studios - Follow Your Heart

Hi Everyone!!

Dropping in today sharing a couple of layouts featuring Tattered Walls, Wanderlust and Blue Fern Chipboard. Both projects have been created similar as I am creating a serious of layouts to hang on our hallway wall. This also will be my final projects as part of this wonderful team, I would like to thank Leslie and Valerie for having me, I have really enjoyed being part of the team.

For my first page I chose to create with the new Tattered Walls collection. The papers of this collection are beautiful and are very versatile as they are suited for both male and female projects. Some papers have the most beautiful floral patterns.

'Follow Your Dreams'


I started this page by layering quiet a few pieces of Blue Fern chipboard. These were all painted with black gesso and on some of the pieces I added Blue Fern Soot glitter. This gave a little bit of a sparkle. 


I then painted the Wanderlust Lillies and Vine in black gesso. These were then all dry brushed with Finnabair waxes. I also added a sprinkling of Soot and Black Ice glitter.



I added some natural wooden buttons, jute and cotton thread for added texture.


Blue Fern Studios
Materials List
Papers
Tattered Walls Collection
The Garage
The Maids Room
Chipboard
Widgetworks
Industrial Corner
Flowers
Wanderlust Lillies
Wanderlust Vine
Glitter
Soot
Black Ice

For my second layout I mixed collections. I have used the Wanderlust collection and some paper from the Tattered Walls collection. It is quiet a dark page but I have given it a slight pop of purple to make it a little feminine.

'Let Your Light Shine'


This page was created in the same way as the page above except the main bulk of this cluster is the vine and flowers. I have coloured these once painted with black gesso with finnabair waxes.


I have used 2 Blue Fern chipboard corner flourishes. These were both cut in half and layered at both ends of the cluster. On the left side of the photo to create extra interest I have added and Opulence chipboard flourish.


I have once again added a slight sprinkling of Soot glitter just to give a slight sparkle when the light catches it.


Blue Fern Studios
Materials List
Papers
Tattered Walls Collection
The Carport
Wanderlust Collection
Lakeside
Chipboard
Opulence
Flourishes
Flowers
Wanderlust Lillies
Wanderlust Vine
Glitter
Soot

Joanne
xx


1 comment:

Lisa Landry said...

Your layouts are just gorgeous! They will look beautiful hanging together. I've always loved how your style really gives focus to the photo!