Thursday, May 25, 2017

Dusty Attic - Altered Lighthouse

Hi Everyone!!

Dropping in today sharing my latest creation created for the gorgeous Dusty Attic May Mood Board Challenge. The challenge has an amazing prize of a $100 Dusty Attic Gift Voucher for the winner and to enter you simply need to use the Mood Board for Inspiration, you can interpret it anyway you like. The only requirement is that Dusty Attic chipboard is used in your creation. Once completed simply add your link to the right side bar of the Dusty Attic Blog.

So this is the May Mood Board.


This mood board have a very beachy theme so I decided to alter a light house that I have had for like forever. So my inspiration was the theme of the board and also the colours.

This is my interpretation of the mood board.

'Lighthouse'



I decorated the outside of the lighthouse with 2 pieces from the Wrought Iron set. I have used one of the large wrought iron pieces and folded around the bottom light house and I also added one of the other trim pieces to the centre. This worked really well to add detail to the outside of the lighthouse.


The arch at the top of the door was created with a little scrap chipboard folded and shaped, I then cut a medium cog in half and attached to the top, I then cut the top off of one of the vintage keys and added to the arch for extra detail.


Dusty small branches were added to the twiggy vine and the to help add softness I added some frayed cheesecloth. For the top part of the lighthouse I added some of the medium sized dusty cogs. I cut the middle out from the cogs and gently pushed them over the top peek of the roof. Large cogs were also used to make the top balcony larger.


Dusty Attic
Materials List
DA1173 Mini Birds On Wire
DA0232 Jumbo Cogs
DA0002 Cogs #2
DA0574 Wrought Iron Design Set
DA0392 Vintage Keys
DA1184 Branch #4 Small

Other
963552 Finnabair - Iridescent Mica Powder - Gold
962548 Finnabair - Mica Powder - Rust
962845 Finnabair - Mica Powder - Deep Water
961459 Heavy Gesso - Black
961442 Heavy Gesso - White
961480 Texture Paste - Black Sand

Joanne
xx

No comments: