Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Altered Tea Light Candle Holder


Greeting everyone!!

This project began its life as a hanging glass votive or as I would say a hanging glass Tea Light holder. Anyway when I purchased them I knew what I wanted to do with it and that was to make it into a bird nesting ball…lol. So it no longer hangs and is now firmly attached to a candelabra. I wanted to create a shabby icy feel to this one so I white washed lightly a lot of what went onto it.




I have used the feathery Fascinating white bloom as the floor inside the glass ball. I scraped away a lot of the glitter from the Capri flowers, I then painted with gesso to give them a soft wintery feel. I also pulled apart some of them to make some smaller flowers by scrunching them.



I pulled apart the Winter Song Ice Crystals White flower and used only the bottom section and nestled one of the Capri flowers to the centre so it was not quiet so big. I also slightly white washed the blue Dahlias to tone them down just a little so they would blend nicely with the Winters Song Snowbird bloom.


I added some Twiddleybitz which would be the fence, the birdhouse inside and the top from the filagree birdcage stand. I painted all of the chipboard white to give it a shabby feel. I then added a shabby prima resin oval frame to the from and some small prima flying resin birds to help imitate movement. 


MHC Products used: Winter Song – Snow Bird & Ice Crystals, Mittens, Ashlee – Blue, Capri – Blue & Silver, Dahlia – Blue & White, Fascinating – White & small leaves.



Thanks for stopping by
Joanne


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joanne it's a masterpiece....you really should sell these gorgeous things you create. So much to look at - love the white and blue - just delightful! Hope you had a lovely Easter and the kids are enjoying the hols:)

Mrs Frizz said...

seriously gorgeous ...